Wave (w acoustic gtr) Wave (w acoustic gtr)

awesome!! like the bossa nova grooves, I'd love to hear more of this stuff from you

Thanks, man! definitely

Is This What You Want? Is This What You Want?

I reaaaally love this! Great mood you've created with such limited gear. You are seriously talented at guitar, love those harmonics! You have a great voice too. All the best in the comp mate!

Ceevro responds:

Well, you're a worthy adversary, for sure! We'll have to collab on something when this is all over!

Drinking Beer Through a Straw Drinking Beer Through a Straw

This is amazing man, really nice unique sounds. It almost gave me a Thundercat with the "oooh"s

Keep at em man.

phosphorusprocedure responds:

Thundercat? Whooooooa man! Listen to him all the time. Gotta learn bass at point to play some of those crazy riffs! Thanks for the review, dude!

Zeigarnik Zeigarnik

It's got that swagga swing feel without hats for sure, the dead space between beats really accentuates to movement of the beat, I'd say on some parts, like the sparser parts, bring in some shuffled hats to keep the flow again. Another wicked one man, nice one.

phosphorusprocedure responds:

Thanks for the feedback, man. Shuffled hats probably isn't a bad idea, I'll definitely look into it.

Spironolactone Spironolactone

God damn man, that up and down vocal sounding sample/thingy is amazing, really gives it that modern trippy feel, I'm loving this! The keys at the beginning are really sweet too, would be cool to hear more of those elements coming through more too. Keep at it dude.

phosphorusprocedure responds:

Thanks, dude! The up/down thing is a vocal sample (set to monophonic) with portamento on there, so it can't play chords, and it slides from note to note. I do it with all sorts of samples/instruments to get weird sounds -- take an 'ooh', crossfade loop it, take it up like 3 octaves and now it's like a g-funk synth, or take a bass sample and get that fretless/P-funk thing going on with it. Glad you dug it, dude!

No Smoking No Smoking

Great track again man! I really love the guitar tones, and the bending of the notes. Has a really 'lone man on his way' feel about it. Have you ever listened to Slint? I think you may like them, they're a bit more dissonant in the way their tracks progress, but still maintaining a similar feeling. By the way, your music inspired me to record the latest track I've uploaded, would be cool if you could check it out. Have a good one dude.

SineRider responds:

Yeah, I'm big fan of Slint! Sure i'll check it out, was digging your track ZZ200040Sleep the other day

What Happens Next? What Happens Next?

Man I really love your music, I think you're my favourite artist on newgrounds. Always so tasteful.

SineRider responds:

Thanks, that's really great to hear!

-GM- Bermuda -GM- Bermuda

Cool cool cool, love it man. Major vibes from this, love those woodblock percussions and the loungey drums and bass. Keep up and at em man.

RavensPeach RavensPeach

Fantastic piece, I'm not usually a fan of the piano instrumental stuff that people post here, as it always seems to be those melodramatic anime styled, "sad" compositions, but this was just brilliant. It has it's very own feel and painted a very specific picture in my head. Thank you for this awesome music.

FlipWillie responds:

Wow, thank you very much! Those some very kind words, and they are well appreciated. I am happy that you have enjoyed the song.

As far as melodramatic anime styled "sad" compositions go, I am sure I am responsible for my own share of such pieces. I am glad this one turned out unique; I guess we all get lucky sometimes. ;)

West Coast Resurrection West Coast Resurrection

Holy shiiit, this is good. That whining synth lead is perfect. I wish G-Funk was still big, not a fan of this new modern "hip hop", old school is where it's at!

Nice one man